BS.Player - the best multimedia player (DivX, HD and AVC video, movie, audio, DVD) in the world! Ever since the very beginning in the year 2000, the BS.Player™ has been one of the world's most popular multimedia players. It is popular for many reasons, one however should be pointed out: BS.Player™ is the first player ever to enable its users to focus on watching the movie instead of dealing with poor computer capabilities or running around looking for a proper setting and codec.
BS.Player ™ is used by more than 70 millions of multi media users throughout the world and it has been translated into more than 90 world languages. All downloaded versions of our FREE version exceed the sum of all downloads of competitive media players and payable DivX or DVD players. Because it does not use much of the CPU processing resources for multimedia playback it is suitable for all those who use slightly less capable computers. Now, you can finally enjoy the playback of HD DVD and AVCHD movies of the highest quality with minimal system requirements. BS.Player can playback any YouTube movie directly from the internet and save it to local disk.
Most importantly, BS.Player ™, a free media movie player, is a product for the world multi media market and is therefore equipped with a advanced subtitle options which enable the users to watch video content with subtitles from many popular subtitle formats (MicroDVD .sub, VobSub .sub + .idx, SubViewer .sub, (Advanced) SubStation Alpha .ssa or .ass, SubRip .srt, VPlayer .txt...). BS.Player is also a AVCHD player and enables you to display AVCHD video format movies (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) used in digital tapeless camcorders.
BS.Player ™ is the software movie and media player that supports all popular video and audio media file types, containers and formats such as: DivX, Xvid, avi, mpg, mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-4, 3ivx, YouTube streaming video, AVC HD (avchd player), QT QuickTime mov, RM Real media, OGM, Matroska , mkv, asf, wmv, DV, m1v, m2v, mp4, mpv, swf, vob and wav, mpa, mp1, mp2, mp3, Ogg, aac, DTS, Dolby Surround, Dolby digital DD 5.1 - AC3, aif, ram, wma, flv (Flash and YouTube Video) and much more!
Main features of BS.Player are:
• Sound Equalizer
• Fully skinnable windows (Media list, Play list, Equalizer)
• Bookmarks support (add, edit)
• Chapters support (create, move to, skip)
• Custom aspect ratios
• Multiple audio stream switching
• Frame capture (video to picture)
• Plugin support (Winamp DSP plugins and others)
• Multilingual interface
• Fast forward and fast rewind option
• Frame stepping (playback video one frame at a time)
• WinLIRC support (user defineable remote controllers)
• Support switching between multiple (different language) subtitles
• Pan-scan and custom pan-scan option
• Support for multiple audio streams and switching between them
• Every action can also be assigned to WinLIRC button
• Playback of incomplete AVI files and locked files (files in use, files still downloading or recording)
• Command line support (for example "bsplayer.exe movie.avi -fs" will start playback of movie in full screen mode)
• Support a lot of subtitles formats (MicroDVD, SubRip, Subviewer...), custom subtitles position, color, font, transparency...
• BSI/INI files support and dynamic DirectShow filters loading (so everything can be burned on CD and played without installing anything)
• Almost every action can be assigned to user selected key (even two keys) and different keys can be assigned for full screen and windowed mode
• Support for all popular media formats (audio and video): divx, avi, mpeg 1, mpeg 2, xvid, 3ivx, ogm, matroska, asf, wmv, DV, m1v, m2v, Quicktime mov, mp4, mpv, QT, Real rm, SWF, vob, wav, mpa, mp1, mp2, mp3, ogg, aac, ac3, aif, ram, wma...
What does the BS.Player™ 2.4 PRO have to offer:
* Playback of AVCHD video new. (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format used in Canon, JVC, Panasonic, and Sony digital tapeless camcorders.
* Support for global multimedia keys
* Play YouTube streaming including HD, High Quality and Normal resolution videonew
* Save YouTube streaming video to local disk (YouTube downloader)new
* Customizable Equalizer
* Support for Capture/Tuner devices (and Teletext support)
* Capture Video to file
* Integrated subtitle editor
* Network file buffering
* Support for Flash playback
* Technical e-mail support
* DVD support
* Text "Only for Non-Commercial use" is removed in PRO version
* Free one year subscription upgrade
Changes in BS.Player version 2.40.997:
- added option to specify minimum movie duration for downloading subtitles
- downloaded subtitles are now cached
- added option to only re-enable Aero when player is closed (Windows 7)
- added support for MPL2 subtitle format
- subtitles will now be saved with correct decimal separator
- audio stream cycling didn't work with some mkv files
- sometimes Auto 'Pan scan' wasn't properly remembered
- fixed problem when local subtitles were available, but player still asked for download
- fixed title display problem with some radio stations
- fixed freezing problem with some RAR files
- fixed problem with not remembering color controls settings under Vista
- in some cases file couldn't be opened again, when it was automatically added to playlist